Saturday, April 14, 2012

Operation Write Home :: Make 'em Laugh :: Blog Hop



Good Morning Stampers! Market Street Stamps is proud to support our nation’s deployed heroes through Operation Write Home®! This organization has sent over 1.5 million cards overseas so our service members can keep in touch with their loved ones while they’re away. And our blog is going to be participating in Operation Write Home® :: Make 'em Laugh Hop this weekend! Take a peek below to see the projects we’re sharing – and take some time to check out OWH’s blogs and all the others participating, starting at the top of the hop, http://www.owhstarsandstamps.org . You’ll be inspired!

Making the decision to support OWH was an easy one. Two of my cousins have served active duty in the Army and have been deployed to Afghanistan and Iraq. My grandpa was a Navy vet who went "half-way around the world - twice" during the Korean conflict. As a paper-crafter, this is a wonderful way to bring both worlds together, and I couldn't be more excited to help this organization in any way possible!

So today, we're not only sharing inspiration, we're offering SO many ways to donate to OWH, earn free stamps (we even have a free digi below!) and snag a discount on the ones that have been on your wish list for awhile.

Now for the inspiration...
First up, I took a stamp that was one of my very first I ever created (and maybe that's why I always go back to it!). This little puffer fish from "Under the Sea" looks so uncomfortable, I can't help but laugh every time I stamp him! Since there are no sentiments in this set, I created one specifically for this card, but think of all the "Sorry" cards you could send with it!


designed by: Angelica Suarez 

FREE digital stamp!
Click image to make larger and download for your own personal use.
Next, Stephanie created the CA-UTEST little Patriotic Robot using Robo Love- isn't he sweet? She also used a sentiment from "Simple Salutations" that is fabulous for any image you choose.


COUPON CODE:
Be sure to check out using OWH10 
for a 10% discount on any purchase today (4/14) through Tuesday (4/17)!


GET INVOLVED:
 THIS LINK will list all the guidelines and info on which themes are needed. After reviewing, and getting your FUNNY card ready, link up below!

Your next stop on the hop is May Arts, and you don't want to miss the rest of the wonderful creations, so keep on hoppin' along! Enjoy your weekend and don't forget to link your creations below!

69 comments:

  1. Angelica, these two cards are so CUTE! I have a thing for pufferfish, so I know what stamp I need to pick up! (And a few more on my wishlist too!) Thanks so much for supporting OWH!!!!!
    Sandy Allnock, president, Operation Write Home
    http://sandyallnock.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you don't only go back to the pufferfish because he was one of your first - he is just plain cute :-) ! Thank you for choosing to support OWH - such a worthy organization to stand behind. Just one more reason to appreciate Market Street Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is a very cute little puffer fish - how about may I help you blow out ALL those candles for a sentiment. I will be back to shop. thanks for supporting OWH.

    Barb Housner

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very cute!!! Love that fishy face!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute cards. I am sure they will get a laugh from our Heroes!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That Puffer Fish is adorable. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable cards and I love the pufferfish! Thanks for supporting our troops and OWH!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable cards, love the support to OWH. TFS pammejo1@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are the cutest! Love that puffer fish.

    ReplyDelete
  11. so darn cute...I love that sentiment...thank you very much...love these cards..

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH, hope I never have to send that card, lol, but if I did, it says it all. Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both cards are adorable! Thank you for supporting Operation Write Home - I'll be back to do some shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such great cards and inspirtaion! Thank you for supporting such a great organization! This hop has been a wonderful way to spend a morning!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That puffer fish is so cute and I love that robot! Thanks for supporting OWH!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the great digi and for your support for OWH!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the fish, he does make you laugh

    ReplyDelete
  18. what a beautiful card.. nice idea..

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is my first visit to Market Street Stamps! I love these cute images - the blow fish is so cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Two fun designs-that puffer is wonderful! Thanks for joining the hop and bringing awareness to the need for more cards-here is to the next million

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful work on both cards! Impossible not to smile at the puffer fish and the perfect sentiment. Thanks for supporting OWH and our military heroes!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Both of these cards are great! Love the puffer fish one, and what a great sentiment, and I love that patriotic robot! Thanks for supporting OWH!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful work on the cards! Impossible not to smile at the puffer fish and the perfect sentiment. Thanks for supporting OWH and our military heroes!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my gosh, laughed right out loud and still am. Such darling cards.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Laughed seeing the puffer fish!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great cards to make someone smile. Thanks for supporting OWH.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thank you for supporting our troops! I love that little fish too :) Those two cards are too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Super cards! And I've seen that darling robot stamp around on cards, but didn't know where it came from. I just put it in my basket. Thanks for the free download and for supporting our troops!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love that fish. Lol. Both cards are great. Thanks for the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  30. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Adorable cards... thanks for supporting OWH!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love the CUTE cards! Thanks for supporting OWH, and for the free digital stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thanks for supporting OWH & for the free digi.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Cute cards....great free sentiment. Great way to support our troops, putting some cards togehter.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thanks for sharing and supporting OWH. The cards are so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Fun cards! That puffer fish is awesome. So many possibilities! And the robot! What's not to love about that? Thank you for supporting our Heroes and OWH!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Thank you for supporting OWH!! That pufferfish and robot are adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Thanks for the FREE digi, the cards are too cute! Thank you for supporting such a fantastic organization!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. That card is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  40. OMGosh that blow fish is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Both cards are darling. The puffer fish is really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Thanks for all you do to help our troops. I know it means alot to my son, who served in Iraq!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Thanks for sharing these wonderful cards... and wonderful OWH!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Such cute cards you got today! I hopped over from OWH. You have such cute stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Oh my, that little sunny puffer fish is too cute. The robo man is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Great cards--the puffer fish is too adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  47. That puffer fish is so cute! Thanks for supporting OWH.
    R/

    ReplyDelete
  48. Great 'make 'em laugh' cards! love that silly fishy. Thanks from an OWH'r.

    ReplyDelete
  49. love the puffer fish and the great robot cards, these are fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  50. Cute pufferfish! Thank you for supporting OWH.

    ReplyDelete
  51. The pufferfish card is perfect.Thank you for supporting OWH and our troops.Checked out the store-you have some really great stamps.Glad I know more about you now.

    ReplyDelete
  52. That puffer fish is too cute & the sentiment is perfect with it!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Awww, that little robot is SO sweet! The puffer fish and sentiment are a great combo too. Thanks for supporting OWH!!

    ReplyDelete
  54. What an adorable puffer fish! So cute. Way to go and suppot our troops!

    ReplyDelete
  55. I love that little puffer fish - too cute! Thanks for supporting OWH and for the opportunity to win some Market Street Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  56. great puffer fish and thank you for the sentiment. love the robot too. thank you for supporting OWH!

    ReplyDelete
  57. ..huff n puff all the way to cute-ness.. what a fun
    card.. thanks for the opportunity at your blog candy
    mitz_zee@yahoodotcom

    ReplyDelete
  58. Love the fish and the robot. Thanks for supporting our troops. I can't wait to get started!

    ReplyDelete
  59. Replies
    1. Thanks for reminding us that there are wonderful causes to send our cards to out there! Your card is adorable adn thank you so very much for the free digital sentiment!

      Delete
  60. Such cute cards!

    Thanks very much for the free digi and for your support of OWH.

    sf_crafter

    ReplyDelete
  61. OMGosh!! I HAVE to get that fish!! thanks for supporting OWH!!

    ReplyDelete
  62. Thanks Angelica for the sentiment and I love your pufferfish. Its so darn cute.

    ReplyDelete
  63. LOVE that puffer fish - great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  64. Love the blow-fish - so cute! So happy that you're supporting OWH!

    ReplyDelete
  65. Fabulous card ideas- thanks for the digital stamp.

    ReplyDelete

Please visit our new blog - www.marketstreetstampsblog.com to comment on this post. Thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.